All You Need is LOVE Challenge: Day 4

Happy Friday Eve!
One of my favorite blog friends, Kelly from Keeping up with Kelly & Co., calls Thursdays Friday Eve and I just love it...  It makes the weekend seems so much closer, don'tcha think?! 

Before I start with today's topic for the Blog Swap I thought I'd share these SWEET pictures of my little man. 
1. Because he's the most adorable thing I've ever seen and 
 2. Because I'm a proud mama
  my little shopping buddy
 Jay not too sure about his "latte" aka warm milk in a cup instead of a bottle
 not the best picture quality but such a kodak moment... Jayden sitting with his Great Grandpa during Richie's basketball game!
My sweet man!  His new favorite trick is taking off his pants whenever I'm not paying attention, that and "brushing his hair" {notice the brush}  where he basically just rubs the brush around on his head.
He is way too cute and I just had to share!


Back to the Blog Challenge...
Day #4's topic:
For Valentine's Day I {LOVE} to bake/cook...

When I first read today's prompt I laughed out loud because the first thing that came to mind was the heart shaped meatloaf outlined in red ketchup that my mom used to make for us every year for Valentine's Day--and yes, I'm being completely serious.  Thankfully for you I will not be sharing that recipe today...  
*love you mom!*


One of my favorite things to bake for Valentine's Day are heart shaped sugar cookies.  
My very favorite recipe for sugar cookies is 
Ethel's Sugar Cookie Recipe.
What you'll need:
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
3/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t vanilla

Directions:
-sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium mixing bowl
-cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy
-add dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until combined
-wrap dough in plastic or place in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight
-pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
-roll out dough to 1/8" thickness and cut cookies
-bake 6 minutes for medium-sized cookies
These are seriously the best sugar cookies I've ever had.  My mom and grandma use this recipe and it's the same one that I used to make the cookies I took to the hospital when I had JayHope you enjoy! 


Happy Friday Eve!!
 And Mom, if you're reading this I'm sorry for dogin' on your heart shaped meatloaf! 
You know I love you!!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Kelly said...

HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!! Ugg, finally! Felt like this week was dragging sooo much :-P J is just TOO cute! And I love the heart-shaped meatloaf idea ;-) I've been slacking on the baking/decorating front lately... maybe I'll make some conversation heart sugar cookies like that last picture, too fun!

Courtney said...

hehe - friday eve :) LOVE it!

you know, heart shaped meatloaf was worth it, wasn't it? now you have that awesome memory!

and those sugar cookies! i've been in the mood for a new sugar cookie recipe! too bad i have to wait until June to try it out!

thanks for linking up again to our challenge! it's been fun - and i cannot wait to read the rest of the days!

Sam said...

I just love cookies. And heart-shaped? Even better!

Kendra said...

Heart shaped meatloaf, thats just too funny.! Ive always wanted to make heart shaped cookies and never have, maybe I will this year.

star said...

Sugar cookies are my fave! I bake them every Vday! I just wish they looked as pretty as the ones in that picture!

Amber said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe, those look so goood!

That makes me laugh so hard about the heart shaped meatloaf, hilarious! I'm sure it was all out of love! ;)

Nicole said...

Those decorated cookies are beautiful and I lOVED seeing pictures of your little guy. Seriously, he's so cute!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Heart-shaped meatloaf is precious! :)

Those heart cookies with the words look so cute!!

Midwest Elle said...

I put sugar cookies on my love challenge baking list as well! Did you make those cookies in the photos? They look amazing!

Neely said...

Those pics are so cute! Im totes gonna have to "borrow" your recipes!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Those cookies look amazing!!