PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just keeping it real...

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
 
Do you know who spoke those wise words?  The one and only Dr. Seuss.  I don't know if you know this or not, but today is Dr. Seuss's birthday... 
He's kind of a big deal.
When I was growing up I loved Dr. Seuss.  I knew most of his books by heart from hearing them read aloud to me by my mom so many times... and while most Dr. Seuss books are silly and goofy, he does have some pretty good life advice to share.  
 
This is one of my all time favorite quotes.
 
I don't know if you've noticed much or not, but I haven't been blogging much lately... like at all.  

See, I have been debating about making my blog private or possibly even deleting it.  Someone had read some of my blog and didn't like it.  
But, the conclusion that I have come to is this:

This is my blog.  
This is an outlet for me to express myself and how I feel.  I mean no harm to anyone.  This is my history.  It can be raw at time and the truth may hurt, but that is what this is; the truth.

So, I'm gonna take the Dr.'s advice and be who I am and say what I feel.  
I mean, I am kind of a big deal around here... people know me... 
(name that movie! Ha!) 

Anyways,
Cheers to you Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday and thanks for the reminder!

   And now that we've cleared that up, let's get back to bloggin, shall we?!  

Photobucket

3 comments:

Joshua H. said...

Blog until your heart is content woman. I will be more than happy to "persuade" people to like your blog haha.

mama bee said...

I have been missing your blog girl! Welcome back :)

Joyce said...

First time reading your blog. Not even sure how I got here. I start somewhere and end up in a totally different world. I live in Port Ludlow (used to live in Kingston and Poulsbo). I am retired, married, raised 5 kids and have 10 grandkids ages 8-18. When I saw the dilemma of keeping your post private or public or deleting I went through the same thing. I finally came to the same conclusion. It's MY blog. I can put whatever I choose on it. People aren't required to read it and it is nice to look back and see how things were a year or two ago. I don't blog as often as I should. I've gotten boring but I might "borrow" some of your stuff. Yours is entertaining. Take care of yourself. Joyce http://mamssite.blogspot.com/