Pretty much as soon as we found out that I was pregnant last year and
all throughout the baseball season Josh said, "I can't wait to take our
baby to Mariner's games!!"
Josh and I have loved going on dates to Mariner's games over the years
and Josh just loves baseball in general so it made perfect sense that
he would want to share his love for the sport with our baby.

Then it went from Mariner's games to, "Man, I can't wait
to take our baby to Opening Day!" We then found out that
we were having a boy and it was, "I'm so excited to take our
son to Mariner's Opening Day!" Then came Jayden, we fell in
love and therewas a face to go with the plan and Josh was sold.
But then we stopped talking about it and just like everyone else
money is a little tight for the Beahan family these days... so I
just figured that our Opening Day idea wasn't going to work out.
This is Josh Shore:

My Josh has been friends with this Josh since they were wee little boys.
Josh was even in our wedding:

Their dad's used to live in the same neighborhood so when they would visit their dads they would play catch together. Then Josh Shore's dad moved... and they thought they had lost each other forever ;) A few years later they they both ended up playing for the same select baseball team in Seattle and were reunited.
Anyways, I thought that Opening Day was a no-go... but the day before my Josh surprised me with tickets that he had bought with Josh Shore MONTHS ago.

Good job Josh's, you got me good!!
Anyways, enough rambling... here are some pictures from Opening Day:
Josh and Jay on the ferry (Josh got Jay a mini Mariners hat)
Me and Jay on the boat...
sometimes it's hard to get him to look at the camera
"The Safe"
Ken Griffey Jr.
Randy Johnson aka The Big Unit, threw out the first pitch...
it was so cool to see him on the mound
brought back the memories
loved the sign
Randy Johnson was surprised and joined on the field by former teammates
Dan Wilson, Ken Griffey, Edgar Martinez and Jay Buhner... you gotta love these guys!
I don't know how Jay slept... fireworks were going off!
Jayden and Uncle Josh... Jay was a little grumpy
We had an awesome time at the game, it brought back tons of good memories and made me excited for the memories Jay will make with us going to games. I love going to Mariners games and it's so easy, hop on the ferry and walk a few blocks and you're at the stadium!
No comments:
Post a Comment