PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Our fun Friday


Yesterday I spent the day in Seattle cheering on Richie (my brother-in-law) at the State tennis Tournament. Richie and his doubles partner, Trevor, qualified for State. I'm so proud of Richie and Trevor... neither of them had ever played tennis before this season and they made it all the way to the state tournament!! Here they are with Coach Crawford:

Richie and Trevor did such a great job and it was really fun to get a chance to see them play! They both were pretty discouraged that they didn't go as far in the tournament as they would've liked but I think they did SUCH an amazing job... especially considering that they both are brand new to the sport.

This photo of Trevor and Richie is from the story that was written about them in the Kitsap Herald. I cannot believe that this boy:



is the same boy that I met 5 years ago:
Here are some pictures of the boys in action:





And while I'm bragging about Richie... let me brag a little about my sister-in-law Elle. Ellie competed in the high school state golf tournament last week and took 8th place, I am so proud of her!!

This picture is from an article that was written about Elle in the Kitsap Herald, you can click here to read about my golf pro of a sister-in-law!

Look who we ran into
Here are Richie and Elle with the UW mascot


In between matches we went shopping at U Village. Look at the contraption we found in the ladies bathroom at U Village:
How cute is Jay?!


After shopping around we went to Zoka! Zoka is the amazing coffee roaster that the coffee shop I managed used, they are the company that trained me and taught me everything I know about coffee.

I wish that you could taste the amazing coffee that I'm talking about. I can honestly say that before Zoka I didn't really like espresso drinks unless they had tons of syrups to cover up that nasty bitter flavor that you get with a lot of bad coffees.


This is my latte art from yesterday:
Another thing I love about Zoka is that when they train their barista's they teach them to make latte art.


If I would have gone to the University of Washington I can 100% guarantee that I would have been a regualr. Doesn't it look like the perfect place to study...

Yesterday was such a fun day unfortunately Josh had to leave and go the Fire Academy after Richie's first match. I am so proud of that man! I hope you all have a great weekend, it's a pretty grey day here so we're laying low today and staying inside wearing our comfy clothes... sounds perfect to me!
signatu

6 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Can I tell you how fun it is to have a blogging buddy (yes we are officially new friends already) in my neck of the woods. I was just at Uvillage yesterday and Zoka last week, haha!!! Love it! Thanks for stopping by.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

And I have to say the "holder" in the bathroom for your precious studly man is perfect, haha! Did he like it?

Britt @ The Adventures of Josh and Britt said...

Isn't Zoka amazing!? Jay LOVED the little bathroom seat, I was suprised!! So excited to have found your blog :)

Teresa said...

Oh what a cute little munchkin in that special itty bitty chair in the girl's bathroom! So cute!
Jay is a doll-baby!
Hello to sweet Kelsey Girl up there!
So so sweet!
Love the heart in your latte!
I need to learn to make a heart at home in our coffee!
xxoox

Diane Schmidt said...

Love the photo of Jay in that chair-so cute! Too bad my house didn't have one of those when I needed to take a shower and they were in the crawling-getting into trouble stage, oh yeah---once I brought the car seat in and that worked :) I had babies that got into everything-really desitin covered walls in the matter of a minute!
I don't even drink coffee but every time I see one with a heart I want one :)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

patsysan said...

Britt,
Loved your post about Elle and Richie and our big day together in Seattle! Thank you! Seeing my sweet little grandson in that chair is priceless...loved going to Zoka with you!

Love,
Patsy