PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 1, 2010

Introducing... Jayden Scot Beahan




Josh and I are proud to announce the birth of our son, Jayden Scot Beahan. Jay was born December 22nd at 4:30pm, weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19" long. I was very apprehensive about the c-section but Josh did such a good job of calming my nerves. The surgery went really well (I love our doctor) and Jayden was out within five minutes of the surgery's start... the rest of the surgery was a blur as I was completely focused on Jay.



I was so glad that I was able to take pictures of the nurses checking Jayden out after he was born and of Josh holding him and cutting his cord.

Josh holding Jay for the first time

seeing Jayden up close for the first time

our first family photo


I was so surprised at how small our little guy was (considering that I'm almost 6'3 and that Josh is 6'8) and was also surprised that he had hair (Josh and I were both bald for a long time). Both Josh and I were talking last night about what a crazy feeling it was to meet Jayden, everyone tells you how much you are going to love your baby but nobody can ever really explain the love that you feel when you meet your child. The hospital stay was so nice, our doctor told the nurse to take us to "VIP" after we left the recovery room... Josh and I both laughed not knowing what she meant. Our room at the hospital was amazing, we were on the 10th floor with an amazing view of downtown Seattle and Elliot Bay... thank you Dr. Burdick!!

I didn't get any pictures of the view but you can kind of see the beautiful
Seattle skyline at night in this picture

When we got out of the OR our nurse informed us that there was a full waiting room filled with our family and friends waiting to welcome Jayden into the world, we felt so blessed to have such an amazing support group to be there for us and meet our little guy. We were also blessed with many visitors on the second day of our hospital stay.

Josh with Uncle Jesse and Uncle Adam who came to see Jayden

It has been so amazing to see Josh as a dad. I always knew that Josh would be a wonderful father but to see his love for Jay and how he has taken to being a dad so naturally has been the coolest thing. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father for our son.

Josh and Jay
(isn't Josh such a natural?!)


Jayden is his Jordan hat from Josh


It has been so fun having Josh home and going through all of the new adventures of parenting with him, I'm gonna be really sad when he has to go back to work. Anyways, it's time to get back to my boys! :)


No comments: