Write about something you feel grateful for in your life today:
Today I am thankful for Josh's 45 minute commute. Josh works at Costco in Silverdale, which is about 45 minutes away. Today I had a bunch of errands to do so I drove Josh to work. I got home, fed a certain grumpy little boy and was then met by a huge pile of bills that was waiting to greet me in the mailbox :( I was really, REALLY bummed out. The last thing I wanted to do was put grumpy Jay back in the car and have him cry for 45 mintues... I put Jay in the car and braced myself for tears and ferry traffic, but to my surprise I encountered neither!! Jay almost instantly fell asleep and I ran into zero traffic. The drive was GORGEOUS, the sun was sparkling on the water, the trees were the most beautiful colors of orange, red and yellow.
[source]
I plugged in my iPhone and listened to my music and soaked in the awesome scenery. I pulled into the parking lot to pick up Josh in a completely different and re-energized state of mind. It was such a blessing to have some unexpected me time and recharge. So, today I am thankful for a much needed 45 minute drive :)

5 comments:
love this!
Good for you! Glad you got a little unexpected break today!
I love love love when I get to sit in a car and just think, rock out, and get my thoughts together! :) Some of my favorite moments are on my way back from dropping Aidyn off at his dads. I have two hours to just think :)
I LOVE this!! What a fantastic thing to be thankful for yesterday! I simply LOVE hopping in the car on a beautiful day, listening to my favorite songs, and just driving away. One of my fave things to do! :-)
Hey I think we can be super duper thankful for this awesome weather we've been getting these past couple days/weeks as well. PS yall look awesome as batman family :-)
Post a Comment