PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adventures in the Emerald City



A week ago we went to Seattle and had so much fun that this week we took my mom and did it again!!

My mom works at a candy store here on the island and so when we walked by Franz Chocolates we had to stop by. Josh got the yummiest "iced hot chocolate" it was super rich but really really good. My mom's candy store sells some of Franz Chocolates so we knew it was good but we were blown away by their truffle selection-YUM! On the way out the door you can't help to notice this mural on the wall:

I thought that it was cool for them to have a mosiac piece done in different shades of brown since it's a Chocolate shop and all.... but look closer:


And a little closer:

They are chocolates!! How cool is that?!

After our stop at Franz we continued on to Pike Place Market. Last week when Josh and I went to the market we tried a sample of chocolate pasta, I kept thinking about what that was like all week so when we went back I had to buy some (can you tell I kind of like chocolate :)

Doesn't that sound interesting? The woman I bought it from was raving about it, I'll let you know what it's like when we make it. Josh and I have been doing a lot of cooking and have been trying to cook new things so we looked over their pasta selection and ended up getting some Southwest Orzo


Look how pretty these tulips are:
I love the little signs of spring starting to pop up everywhere. I think we might have to take a trip up to the tulips farms soon!!

I thought this shirt was awesome.

We started getting hungry for lunch and were trying to decide where to get lunch. We ended up going to Tom Douglas's Pizzeria, Serious Pie. I think that that was some of the best pizza I've ever had... we got 2 and split them.

Cherry Bomb Peppers and Sweet Fennel Sausage

Roasted yellowfoot mushrooms and truffle cheese

How good does that sound?! They were AAAmazing!! I had a few friends recommend Serious Pie and then saw it on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network and I am so glad we went.


We were introduced to this wine @ Serious Pie and it's seriously amazing


Here are some fun pictures we took at Pike Place:

Behind us is a mural in actual size of the World's Tallest Man... 8'11!!
And we think that we are tall!!

Pretty much every time I go to the market I have to get a picture on or with the pig. It all started when my partner-in-crime and cousin, Kristen, came to visit when I was in junior high and now every time she visits we take a picture... we have quite the collection. Every time I go I try and take one and send it to her to entice her to come back! I can't wait for us to take our next pig picture in May when she comes to visit after her HONEYMOON!! Did I mention that I was going to Nashville in April to be Kristen's maid of honor? I'm SO stoked.

Anyways... we had another successful trip to Seattle, Jayden was an angel as usual.
I love that he loves the front pack.
He is so cute... and he has about a million of those bear suits, which I also love!

If you've never been to Seattle I highly recommend visiting the lush green hills, the picturesque skyline against the gorgeous Elliot Bay, the famous salmon tossers at Pike Place Market, delicious coffee and a vast array of delectable dining choices... what's not to love about the "Emerald City"?!

No comments: