PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude Challenge- Day 5


the gratitude challenge 


Take five minutes to write about how grateful you are for all of the wonderful things you currently have in your life.  Don't long for what you don't posses-instead, take stock of all the blessing you already have.

I'm thankful for my last name.  Growing up I was always leery at the thought of one day getting married and having to change my last name.  But, that's not how I feel now.  I love my new last name, I love sharing Josh's name with him.  I always felt like I would be losing a bit of my identity in changing my name but I'm still me... just a me that is married to an amazing guy.

I'm thankful for music.  I'm thankful for fun.  I'm thankful for dancing.  I'm thankful for friends.  I'm thankful for a sweet husband who watched Jay so I could go out last night.  I'm thankful for the same sweet husband who put me to bed last night after I had a little too much fun.  I'm thankful for advil.  I'm thankful for daylights savings and extra sleep.  I'm thankful that Josh doesn't have to go into work until later today and can spend some time relaxing at home with us.  I'm thankful for my awesome new above the knee argyle socks, they are totally fabulous.  I'm thankful for football which makes Josh so happy to watch.  I'm thankful for the beautiful sunny fall day.  I'm thankful that Claire requested my mom's lasagna for her birthday dinner tonight, yum!!  I'm thankful that my grandparents are joining us for birthday dinner tonight.

I hope that you guys have been somewhat inspired so far by the Gratitude Challenge, even if you aren't participating, I hope that you're encouraged to look for even the littlest things to be thankful for in your own life. 
signatu

I think that I'm going to try and blog every day, even weekends during the challenge.  I totally understand if you guys don't, no pressure... just link up whenever you finish your posts!  I love reading what you guys are thankful for. 

   


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you said about the last name! I was always worried about changing my last name too, but I love it! And it's nice that my last name is now shorter, so it makes signing my name way faster! ;)
This gratitude challenge is just awesome :)

Laura said...

I too am happy with my last name! I went from Undercoffer to a four letter, one syllable last name! I couldn't be happier haha.

Kelly said...

Great post! :-D I love that you were able to go out and have fun (sounds like too much fun? ;-)) with your friends last night!! Lasagna sounds WONDERFUL! One thing I should have added on my 5 minute list is you because I learned of the Gratitude Challenge from you first! ;-)

Kelly said...

I felt the same way about my name! I loved it so much but I love that my family all shares the same name now :)