PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Feelin the burn!


HOLY COW! I am so sore. I am trying to get back into the swing of working out. I have been a pretty active person my whole life, I played sports in junior high, high school and basketball in college. Then, after college, I entered the "real world" and in the real world you have to make time for working out. In the real world you don't get in trouble if you don't show up to workout like you would if you didn't show up to a practice. In the real world you've got be your own coach and push yourself. I had been used to my sport being my job, when I was tired after a practice I felt good because I had gotten a workout from it. Unfortunately, that's not how it works in the real world!! Anyways... Fast forward a few years, a husband and a baby later and I'm raring to get going again. Lately I have been working out with these:
Kettlebells, they are kicking my butt... and I like it!

Josh and I have a friend that is a personal trainer and he specializes in Kettlebells. I asked him to put me through a workout and DANG, I'm feeling it! But I love it, I miss that feeling of a good, hard workout and getting into shape and I'm so excited to keep going! I had getting back into shape built up to be this huge obstacle to overcome and it's really not. I've realized that I don't have to be in college basketball shape and that is just unrealistic, especially with a baby. I just want to feel healthy and be active. What do you do for a good workout? I love switching it up so that things don't get repetitive and boring!
signatu

p.s. Taylor over at The Undomestic Momma is having a blog makeover giveaway that I'm dying to win!!




go over and enter your blog to win!

4 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

We use kettlebells daily at Crossfit - love em'!!

Teresa said...

Okay!
I need some kettlebells!
But how will I know how to use them!
So there's Miss Crossfit Queen Kelsey up there!
I thought for a minute you were going to tell me you were doing Crossfit!
Have you heard anything about Crossfit here on Bainbridge?
Greg is going to start going in Seattle.
Oh how I need to get in shape!
When I moved here I was in THE BEST SHAPE...
and now I am bulging out of EVERYTHING....hate that!
THought about joining Island Fitness...and I love to SWIM!
Don't know WHY I don't go up and swim weekly!
This morning I did Cathi Fredrich Heavy and Slow workout with my free weights.
xo
Going for a PEDI this afternoon! Yeah!

Lindsey said...

Hi Britt. I just stumbled upon your blog :) I actually am in the same boat (only I dont have a little one yet). I swam in college and was so used to being in shape then life happened. I have been getting back into swimming and working out again too and I forgot how good it feels.
Good luck!!

patsysan said...

You go girl! I'm a kettlebeller too! I absolutely love them. Best workout ever by far. They really get your heart rate going and totally transform your body. If you want to work out with bells here on Bainbridge Island try Next Step Conditioning Systems of Sportsman's Club Road. They have some of the best coaches in the country. www.next-step-conditioning-systems.com