PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Proposal Stories

This Friday's Show Us Your Life topic is Proposal Stories.



Josh proposed to me the night before Thanksgiving 2007.

Every year my mom hosts Thanksgiving at our house, my mom and I were cleaning and decorating the house when she got a call from my dad. My dad works in Seattle and had called to say that he needed my mom and I to get on the next boat to bring him some paperwork that he really needed. I thought it was pretty weird, I mean it was the night before Thanksgiving and our whole family was coming over the next day, we had work to do!! I didn't really want to go but Josh was working late that night so when she asked me to I agreed. I got ready to go and my mom said, "why don't you put on something a little nicer?!" I thought that was super weird... I mean I was dressed in my normal day to day clothes, and didn't understand why I should I dress up to go over on the boat and back? She gave me some lame excuse like, "well some of your friends might be home from college for Thanksgiving, what if you ran into them?!" haha :) So we went over to Seattle and after the boat docked we looked around for my dad, he said that he was running a little behind and asked if we could meet him half way between his office and the ferry terminal. My mom and I started walked and spotted my dad but had to go down some stairs to meet up with him... at the bottom of the stairs was Josh with a HUGE bouquet of my favorite flowers! I was so surprised! The first thing I said to him was, "Why aren't you at work?!" I went to hug him and he immediately dropped to one knee and pulled out the most gorgeous ring from his pocket. I wish that I could remember all of the sweet things that he said but I was in such shock... and a crowd had formed and a bunch of tourists were taking our picture! (I wish I could track some of those people down because I don't have any pictures from that night!) I, of course, said yes and after lots of hugs and kissing realized that my parents and the crowd was still there *oops!* and grabbed Josh's hand to start heading back to the boat to go home. Josh stopped me and said, "Where do you think you're going... the night isn't over!" My mom hugged me and took my bouquet home and Josh led me to a limo. We went to the jeweler and they gave us a bottle of champagne and wanted to make sure my ring fit perfectly, then drove around. Josh and I called some of our close friends/family and told them the good news. The holidays in Seattle are such a beautiful time, I will never forget sitting in the limo with Josh all snuggled up, trying so hard to pay attention to all the beautiful lights but being so distracted by my gorgeous ring! After a ride around the city we went to the most posh restaurant, El Gaucho. It is the hands down best restaurant I've ever been to, it has such amazing ambiance with live music, there is on open charcoal grill and there is just such an exciting vibe. From table side preparations to our wait staff, every single detail of the experience was perfect. The jeweler Josh bought the ring from had called in and ordered us an appetizer and the restaurant gave us a complementary bottle of amazing champagne. I was even escorted to and from the ladies room by our server! The whole night was magical but the best part was that the next day we saw all of our families and could share the wonderful and exciting news with them.

me the day after he proposed
Thanksgiving 2007


my ring!

Good job Honey!! I couldn't of planned it better myself and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat :)
signatu




2 comments:

Monique said...

Found you on Kelly's Korner! Cute story and lovely ring!!

Veronika said...

I am visiting your blog through Kelly's Korner... I am a little late catching up with the SUYL Proposal Stories! I liked reading about yours, it was such a cute story :)

~Veronika