PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Friday's Favorite Things: Face Products

This week's topic for Friday's Favorite Things is: Fav. Face Products.     
I know it's Sunday night and that Friday was two days ago!! I filmed a fun little vlog for this week's Favorite Things segment and I could not for the life of me get it to upload onto YouTube.  So, after many tries... here I am writing it all out!!  
*I'm not going to be including make-up with my favorite face products because I feel like it would make this such a long post about so many different products and I think that favorite make-up should be a post of it's own.*


My #1 Favorite Face Product is IMAGE Skincare's Vital-C line
It's super hydrating and really makes my skin glow.  I love how soothing the products feel when I apply them and they all have the yummiest orangy smell to them.  I used this line when I worked at a salon before I got married and stopped using it after I quit working there.  I just started using it again a few weeks ago, it's not SUPER expensive but having healthy skin that is well taken care of is a priority is important enough for me to spend a little extra.  In the few weeks since I've been using the Vital-C line I can already see my skin looking brighter and healthier and I just love how my face feels so healthy.


This next item was kind of a splurge but it was SOOO worth it.  For Christmas a couple years ago Josh's step-mom gave me a gift certificate to a really nice spa in Seattle (Gene Juarez) and I got a facial.  During my facial the esthetician used the Clarisonic on me and I loved how clean it made my skin feel.
When I used to wash off my makeup the washcloth would have makeup on it even after I'd finished washing my face.  Now, after I use the Clarisonic there is no makeup residue on the towel when I got to dry my face!  They claim that it removes makeup 6x better than standard cleansing.  It really gives you a great deep cleansing so that your face wash and products can work like they're supposed to without a barrier hindering them.  

Let me 1st say that I ❤ Seattle, but sometimes I like to have a little glow... and that's virtually impossible during a Pacific Northwest winter SO I often use a self tanner.  I've tried a lot a different facial self-tanners and have never really been impressed until I tried Lancome's Soleil Flash Bronzer, I looove it! 


So, they have switched the packaging a bunch of times (the top image is the newest packaging and the three others are older packaging) but no matter what kind of bottle they put it in... it's amazing.  It really gives you an immediate, beautiful, healthy glow.  I love how natural the color you get looks and it's a gel which I love!  It's super light and sheer and NOT greasy, which is my #1 complaint with self-tanners.  It applies on so smoothly and since it's a gel you don't get streaks.  Oh, it also has vitamin E in it so it helps defend against skin damage... who doesn't love that?!


Having smooth and healthy lips is a big deal to me.  There is nothing worse than having it all together and then having chapped or dry/nasty lips - plus on top of looking nasty it can hurt!!  So I'm always picking up new lip products and these are my two favorite's right now... 
Nivea's "A Kiss of Smoothness Hydrating Lip Care"

Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm


I always have one of these on me, one in my bag and then one next to my bed.  I highly recommend either of these two products, either by themselves or under lipstick/lipgloss.  Oh, and make sure to put some on before you go to bed... you'll wake up with super smooch-able lips!!



Alrighty, that's it for this Sunday's Friday's Favorite Things!  

I haven't given up on doing a vlog so maybe next week I'll try again :) 





Photobucket

No comments: