It's almost vacation time and I'm nowhere near ready! I'd love to say that it's because I'm sick or because I'm a mommy to a one year old or because basically all of our possessions are in boxes, but sadly that is not the case. The reason our suitcases are empty is because I, Britt Beahan, a packing procrastinator. I am not proud of my condition, it is something that I have always struggled with... and it's a problem. And it gets worse--I married a packing procrastinator and let me tell you, that when the two of us prepare for vacation... it is not pretty. So, in the hope of avoiding some of the last minute chaos I have started packing our snow clothes, gathering the necessary toiletries and have a load of vacation laundry going!
*snaps for me!*(can anyone name that movie?!)
You may be sitting at your computer screen rolling your eyes, but this is big for me...
Reasons I'm excited for our weekend getaway:
Reason #1: We get to spend some quality time with Josh's dad's family!
Here's the whole group after Josh graduated from the Fire Academy!
*For the record, I am aware that my sweet hubby looks like he is blind in this picture... he looks like this is pretty much every picture from that day, good thing I only took 134298754 pictures of him that day!*
Josh's dad and step-mom (aka the other Mrs. Beahan) are so much fun--I lurve them!
(fun fact: we are the only two Mrs. Beahans in the world)
Jay gets to spend quality time with his Grandparents and Aunt & Uncle that he loves and never sees!
Reason #2: Getting the band back together (aka our Rockband band which is named X-Squad.) Be on the lookout for our next CD! I kid, I kid, but seriously... we pretty much kill it on Rockband. I have a feeling there will be many Rockband jam sessions on this vacation!
us in Brewster a few years ago, don't mind Josh's hair... we tried 'fro-ing his curls out (obviously it was a success! My poor hubby, he's always such a good sport!)
Reason #3: It's gorgeous over there! Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself:
Reason #4: Relaxing. I can't wait to get all cozy and read! Any book suggestions? I got a few book recommendations today on twitter and have already downloaded the previews for some of them on iBooks/my Kindle app and am excited to look over them tonight! If you have a book that you've read that you love, please leave me a comment about it! When I start a book I'm the kind that just can't put it down... I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of reading done on this vacation, yay!
*sitting here, reading in a blanket all snuggled up with some I'm also excited that in reading, I'll have an excuse to wear my new-ish glasses... what do you think?
Reason #5: We get to see "the boys" aka Bear and Zeus, the german shepherds, and feed our puppy fix! I can't wait until we can get our own!
They are the best boys and are so well behaved.
Bear being a good boy and letting Jay go for a ride when he was just a little guy:
No work or fire dept. for the next few days for my honey and that makes me a happy girl! :)
Reason #7: Snowmobiling!
I couldn't find a picture of Ty doing his snowmobile tricks, but I think you get the gist of his skills from what he can do on his dirt bike!
Reason #8: The food/drinks. Josh and his dad are magic in the kitchen! I don't have any pictures of their food creations because honestly, they don't last long and there are never leftovers when those two cook. Josh's dad also makes the best home brews (aka beer & apple/pear cider) at a local brewery and let's not forget Scoty specials (my FIL's signature cocktail, which I love and am determined to figure out the recipe!)
As you can see, I'm just a little excited! As I write, I am realizing that I'm also doing a pretty good job of prolonging my packing duties. I am determined to have a stress-free start to our weekend getaway so I'm off to put another load in the washing machine and get everything organized, aren't you proud! ;)
Happy Friday Eve!!





7 comments:
I am also a packing procrastinator! Horrible at it!
Your new-ish glasses are cute and that place is beautiful!
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only "Mrs. Smith's" in the world, too! Ha!
Have a great trip and hope you're feeling better!
New follower from the link up at HGF :)
I saw your side bar pics...are you from Seattle? I live near there :)
Hey I am your newest follower! I was blog hopping and found your blog, which I love! Those German shepherds are so handsome! My fiance and I are getting one as soon as we get a house! Have fun on your mini vaca!
I am a complete packing procrastinator too. There were plenty of winter breaks during college where I'd be throwing things into a suitcase a few hours before my flight left. Enjoy your trip!
Hope you have/had a fabulous mini-vaca!
Hope you all are having a fabulous vacation!! Love the photos and the reasons for being excited. My BIL and SIL and we have a Rockband... our band name is Spam and Reeces (Have you seen the movie "50 First Dates"? :-)) Stay warm and have fun!
Oh cool, you're a Rockband geek too! I have a "band" as well. We named it Sexy Zombie.
Post a Comment